23 March, 2006

Automated EAR deployment through ANT script in WAS

Any body who deployed webapplications through websphere admin console will know the pain full process of having series of wizards asking n number of questions.

To avoid, recently I tried for automated deployment process throgh ANT. I thought of sharing my experience wrto same.

Here the steps which I followed:
1.Created the ANT script which builds the EAR.
2.Since our application server situated outside our current dev env, I used SSH facility throgh ant and copied the ear into the server location.
3.Then I used .jacl scripts (which are websphere propietry..) for the copied ear deployment.
4.Created the .sh/.bat file (depends on the WAS installed OS) which will execute the .jacl script.
5.Called the .sh file through ANT script.
6.You can extend your build script to run the JUnits to know how much your build stable??

No comments:

One new learning / day - however small it is

Read a blog / or article Watch TED talk  Read a small self-help book (many free eBooks available with less than 100 pages/can be completed i...